I am a psychologist, registered with the College of Psychologists of BC. I offer psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families and groups in Victoria. My aim is to help people live life more fully with a sense of peace and joy.
I have worked in a number of settings including hospitals, health centres, family centres and addiction centres. Having this diversity in my work experience gives me the ability to be flexible in my approach to clients and to understand needs from an individual and holistic perspective.
I use Mind-Body Attunement Therapy ® with clients. I also provide Certificate and Diploma level training in Mind-Body Attunement Therapy to other therapists. Mind-Body Attunement Therapy is a dynamic intervention which combines the traditional interpersonal therapies of pioneers such as Bowlby with current neurobiological approaches influenced by Schore and Levine.
Mind-Body Attunement Therapy ® helps establish emotional regulation which reduces suffering and enhances well-being by working directly with the physiological elements of relational trauma stored in the nervous system. Interventions access deeply held anger, sadness and fear and gently discharge the energy by generating a sense of calm and paying attention to the sensory changes in the body.
Mind-Body Attunement therapy ® is applicable to a wide range of psychological, emotional and life issues including:
• Developmental difficulties including abuse, abandonment
• Difficulties in relationships or relating to others including loss of trust, incompatibility, drifting apart, affairs, breakdown, rows, separation
• Losses including bereavement, redundancy, separation
• Emotional dysregulation including anxiety, panic attacks, depression
• Low self-esteem, lack of confidence, insecurity
• Life stresses including work pressure, domestic violence
• Impulse control difficulties including addiction, eating disorders, anger or rage
I maintain strict confidentiality with all clients (unless there is the potential of significant harm to somebody). I am fully insured and bound by the professional ethical code of conduct of the College of Psychologists of BC.
I offer a free initial Service Enquiry Discussion (maximum of 30 minutes) prior to service delivery for enquiry into suitability of my services and to complete Practice Forms.