My scope of practice includes various neurosomatic and therapeutic movement modalities that integrate Somatic Experiencing as a Neurosomatic Facilitator, C-IAYT Yoga Therapist, eRYT500, and Movement Specialist Trainer. Credentials in the last 29+ yrs include Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Bio-Mechanics, Osteo-based Therapeutic Rehab, Trauma Specialized Movement Specialist, Poly-Vagal based integration specialities, and Post-COVID Syndrome training to help people recognize and reconcile toxic stress and/or traumatic experiences.
My sessions include six trauma informed pillars-
1. Authentic individual neurosomatic practices.
2. Non-directive therapeutic body-based embodied practices.
3. Invitational/inquiry language experiences.
4. Present moment empowerment, embodied & safety practices.
5. Individual choice experiences to embody agency.
6. Ethical experiences of social justice and equality.
Experience in somatic sensory disorders, anxiety/depression, Post COVID Syndrome, chronic illness, workplace toxic stress/trauma, in-patient psychiatric mental health, sport/rehabilitation traumas, and metabolic/autoimmune disorders in group or private sessions.
My approach is to provide a space for client comfort to experience, embody body-based resilience, and attain vitality in their lives. Born and raised in San Antonio, my professional work/volunteerism in Texas, Western US, Canada, and Quintana Roo, Mexico. I am bilingual, and work along licensed mental health/medical/rehab professionals for client support.